Wednesday, October 22, 2014

For Randee

The tears roll down my face
piercing like shards of glass
I will never hear your infectious laughter
nor see that brilliant smile again.

I cannot face this burning loss
not so soon
not so soon
Things were looking up for you
Finally.

I prayed over and over
for years and years
that you would be healed,
that God would slay your demons
and give you the peace on this earth
that you so deserved.

Your heart and soul loomed large
willing to help anyone when you could
which towards the end grew less and less
as your demons grew by the legions.

They gnawed and gnashed at your body
ripping your heart to shreds
each tear melting your skin
until you were no more.

People say you're in a better place now
no more suffering, no more gnawing.
All I know is that my prayers didn't work
the way I wanted them to.

God took you,
seemingly without a chance
for happiness on earth.
But now you're with Dad
and all your friends who passed before you,
cracking jokes and laughing your infectious laugh
once again.

Goodbye my beloved brother,
Goodbye.
I will never stop loving you
never stop crying for you
never stop wondering what you could've become.
Never stop wishing I had the chance
to say goodbye to your sweet face
or hear you laugh one more time.